Hot tip.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

capt.dan

Hot tip.

Unread post by capt.dan » April 23rd, 2018, 11:36 am

For those of you near Quanicassee get over to Chuckies Bait post haste. He has fresh Lake Superior smelt for $4.50 per pound un-cleaned AND $8.50 CLEANED. A full $3.50 less per pound then other places I've visited recently. I just picked up 4 more pounds.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

FHB

Unread post by FHB » April 23rd, 2018, 3:27 pm

Dan, do you know if the Bay Shore Bar over there still has Perch on Fridays? We were over there once, but heard since that the place closed, or was sold, or something.
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

magnum lure

Unread post by magnum lure » April 23rd, 2018, 7:32 pm

I Pretty sure the bar was sold. Went there 2 weeks ago and was way over priced for 2 whole perch butterflyed and slow service. Will never go again not like the OLD Bay Shore Bar!

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » April 23rd, 2018, 11:23 pm

I knew it was still open. But since the perch Gods have been treating me right for over a year now, I didn't need to get my perch fix from them. But we polished off almost 2 pounds of smelt tonight and man they were good.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

FHB

Unread post by FHB » April 24th, 2018, 11:33 am

Thanks, guys. I guess I won't bother. We went to the Layton Corners Bar for Perch a week ago last Friday, because we heard that it was real good. It was OK, but nothing special. I don't think Perch fillets taste the same as Perch cooked with the bones in. Haven't seen it served that way in many years.
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » April 24th, 2018, 3:20 pm

FHB wrote:
April 24th, 2018, 11:33 am
Thanks, guys. I guess I won't bother. We went to the Layton Corners Bar for Perch a week ago last Friday, because we heard that it was real good. It was OK, but nothing special. I don't think Perch fillets taste the same as Perch cooked with the bones in. Haven't seen it served that way in many years.
Ditto (bones in/skin on). Give me a butter knife and don't get in my way. :chef:

Chamookman

Unread post by Chamookman » April 25th, 2018, 3:47 am

:lol:
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !