Of Course Not!

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

FHB

Of Course Not!

Post by FHB » June 27th, 2020, 7:17 am

The new morality:
thumbnail-12.jpeg
thumbnail-12.jpeg (39.04 KiB) Viewed 9541 times
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » June 27th, 2020, 9:03 am

Well, as internet dumb as I am, even I can see this was photo shopped. But it remains a sad state of affairs that every thug killed in the course of their crimes these days, usually gets money after they or their surviving spouse or parents sue the City or State for their criminal wrongful death.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

FHB

Post by FHB » June 27th, 2020, 10:50 am

capt.dan wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 9:03 am
Well, as internet dumb as I am, even I can see this was photo shopped. But it remains a sad stated of affairs that every thug killed in the course of their crimes these days, usually gets money after they or their surviving spouse or parents sue the City or State for their criminal wrongful death.
Photoshopped? I thought that, too, but posted it anyway, because it's just an example of "art" imitating life. It brought to mind an incident that I read about over 40 years ago. Seems there was this young man of color who was robbing a convenience store (in Detroit, I think) at gunpoint, when the clerk got the drop on him and put him out of his misery. The very large funeral procession took a long detour on the way to the cemetary to parade past the clerk's home at a very slow pace, with everyone staring daggers at him as they went by (he happened to be sitting on his front porch at the time). They were trying to intimidate him as if his act of self-defense was the real crime. This is what I remembered when I saw this pic.
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

sagbay
Site Admin

Post by sagbay » June 28th, 2020, 12:29 pm

The Sign Should Read:
NO MOTHER SHOULD HAVE TO FEAR HER SON WOULD ROB A STORE
:thinking:
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise (FJB)