My Brother

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

FHB

My Brother

Post by FHB » July 20th, 2019, 11:46 am

On July 6th, I lost the older of my two brothers. He was nine years younger than I. We spent a couple of days in Petoskey visiting him, the week before our two-week stay at Outdoor Adventures in Standish, and he left us just a couple of days before we returned home. After a day to clean up, it was back to Petoskey.

Though we both were raised in the same environment in Frankenmuth, we were quite different as individuals. He loved golf and football; I loved hunting, fishing, and movies. He explored a variety of occupations; I stuck with one, and we ultimately wound up working in the same building at similar jobs, in the years leading up to our retirements. He was not mechanically inclined, and hired out any repair work that he needed; I preferred to fix it myself, and to suffer the consequences if I screwed things up.

In spite of this, we were good friends. Though we mourn, I will not question God's will. I loved him, and will miss him.
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

sagbay
Site Admin

Post by sagbay » July 20th, 2019, 1:41 pm

May your memories give you peace and comfort.
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise (FJB)

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » July 20th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Sorry for your loss Fred. I've been pondering the mortality subject heavy as of late. My mother had 4 kids of which I was first born and the oldest. Dad went early in 1978. Ma died 12 years ago, the youngest 1/2 brother 5 years ago, the 1/2 sister in early April and then brother Dave's death this past late May. Kind of weird being first here and ultimately the Last one to leave. Someone once said that even if your never famous. Your always alive as long as the last person who knew you, remembers you, talks about you and keeps your memory alive.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

FHB

Post by FHB » August 22nd, 2019, 6:30 pm

Thanks, guys.

jaybe

Post by jaybe » August 28th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Fred,
Kind of a late reply, but I know your brother's passing is still fresh on your mind.
It's good to acknowledge that God is involved in our lives - even in the death of a loved one. Jesus wept when His friend Lazarus died.
He knows our deepest thoughts and He sympathizes with our sorrows.
May He encourage and strengthen you and yours as you look to Him in faith.
Been in a boat since I was 6 months old.

FHB

Post by FHB » August 29th, 2019, 11:50 am

jaybe wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Fred,
Kind of a late reply, but I know your brother's passing is still fresh on your mind.
It's good to acknowledge that God is involved in our lives - even in the death of a loved one. Jesus wept when His friend Lazarus died.
He knows our deepest thoughts and He sympathizes with our sorrows.
May He encourage and strengthen you and yours as you look to Him in faith.
Thanks for the comforting words, Jerry. Hope you and Cynthia are doing well. Enjoyed our chance meeting at Tony's, on our way to OA, this summer.