Ignoring the Cancer.

Political Issues, Views and News.
Simply don't read the political posts if you have buyers remorse.

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

capt.dan

Ignoring the Cancer.

Post by capt.dan » January 22nd, 2021, 10:13 am

Talked to an old buddy of mine last night. Known him since the 1st grade in the Catholic school we attended. He lives in the upper Northern part of lower Michigan, on 20 acres of fairly secluded property. I've been sharing Dave's X22 messages with him since after the election. It gave him hope right up until Biden was sworn in 2 days ago. But His tone was different last night as he told me that he's done with politics. We'll both be 69 years old in a few months and he said the stress and sadness of it all was making him very close to physically ill.

First he, then we discussed that in essence neither of us would be personally, economically or harmfully impacted by a Biden Presidency. We're both on a fixed income. Both we and our spouses get SS and a smaller work pension from our old jobs. So he was going to put all of this political shit out of is head and live out what's left of his life the best and happiest that he could.

I was initially pissed off by his words, but careful in choosing my own in response. I asked him how and just what he thought put us both in these semi-comfortable (sit back and relax) positions in our lives? Seems to me, neither of us didn't or couldn't have earned or arrived here after years of hard work, in but very, very few other country's on this earth except in America. Not to mention the blood sacrifices made by the first to the last free patriots in this country, that kept us free from tyranny and communism. Trading their own lives to keep our cushy dreams of a safe, comfortable retirement alive in ours.

So, I continued, if we're giving up on what made America Great in the first place, because its not in our retirement plans. What the f--k gives us the right to hate Biden and the deep state for taking bribes, getting rich and selling out this country for their own cushy retirement plans? He didn't have or give a very good answer to that question. So I concluded the conversation, telling him that there isn't an age or an economically protected position that should negate the responsibilities we have as American citizens, to keep this country honest and free for those who come before and after us.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

sagbay
Site Admin

Post by sagbay » January 22nd, 2021, 10:41 am

So, I continued, if we're giving up on what made America Great in the first place, because its not in our retirement plans. What the f--k gives us the right to hate Biden and the deep state for taking bribes, getting rich and selling out this country for their own cushy retirement plans? He didn't have or give a very good answer to that question. So I concluded the conversation, telling him that there isn't an age or an economically protected position that should negate the responsibilities we have as American citizens, to keep this country honest and free for those who come before and after us.
Well said Captain Dan USA-flag
I have to side with your friend it is time to R & R for a while before we start thinking about what the future will bring for our kids and grandkids and get ready for 2022 USA-flag
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise (FJB)

FHB

Post by FHB » January 22nd, 2021, 11:04 am

Well, with all the talk of taking our children away to "re-educate them", and to "deprogram" all of us "deplorables", I wonder how long we can wait. They may not achieve it, but I'm pretty sure that this is what they want for us. And they call us fascists.

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/on ... all-580883
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » January 22nd, 2021, 12:08 pm

sagbay wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 10:41 am
Well said Captain Dan USA-flag
I have to side with your friend it is time to R & R for a while before we start thinking about what the future will bring for our kids and grandkids and get ready for 2022 USA-flag
If nobody is punished for, or nothing changes cheating voter wise Larry, nothing will happen in 2022. Except maybe the Dem's getting enough seats in both houses to change even our Constitution. Now is not the time for R&R. Unless you mean Reload and Repeat. :hunting:
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

sagbay
Site Admin

Post by sagbay » January 23rd, 2021, 1:24 pm

A-thinker.png
americanthinker.com
A-thinker.png (134.4 KiB) Viewed 7553 times
https://www.americanthinker.com/
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise (FJB)

BG Cole

Post by BG Cole » January 23rd, 2021, 6:53 pm

My take at 70: For over forty years, working class Americans suffered as their manufacturing jobs where sent to China – transferring, not only income, but dreams for a better life. This same working class was battered by the media, the tech oligarchs, the democrat party and all the venal hate agents the Swamp in DC could muster.

There is no Trump cult – that lie is a linguistic device used by the bad guys, to further divide us. Accusing working class Americans of being Trump groupies just because they backed a person willing to fight for their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness tells you all you need to know.

Trump, for all his faults, was and still is, the only person with the guts to take on the globalist empire that has spread like a malignant cancer throughout our major cities. Now, all the dirty politicians, lobbyists and their ilk can slither out of The Swamp and preen…for a while.

Hate agents, devoid of shame, and with the help of career politicians, bureaucrats, and corrupt globalist entities, have stolen an election; but this war is far from over. Selah

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » January 23rd, 2021, 10:19 pm

icon_bravo