Political Separations.

Political Issues, Views and News.
Simply don't read the political posts if you have buyers remorse.

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

capt.dan

Political Separations.

Post by capt.dan » September 20th, 2022, 11:40 am

It just dawned on me, that I'm no longer what I've always bragged and considered myself as, when it came to voting, an independent voter. Sense becoming legal voting age and in my 49 years of fateful voting, I've always tried to at least passively listen to, pay attention to and weigh the good/bad and deciding issues each candidate espoused having about issues that affected me and this country.

Truthfully, I never devoted the time to dig deeper into any candidates' political histories, never let any one issue (even if dear to me) disqualify a candidate, but always paid attention to debates and character flaws that might expose personal Red Flags to me. I was simply too busy with work and the American dream of life and the pursuit of happiness. But back then it seemed, America never had to worry about who was President, because in the end, both parties seemed to care about all the people and would ultimately do the right thing to keep us safe.

Some people say they are Independent yet have trouble proving it. My personal voting record proves it. I voted for Carter and then Twice for Clinton. Both of course I later regretted morally, foreign policy wise, courage and character wise. Probably more-so then any real lasting harm it did to this country in the end. But proved to me my political naivety and political judgements may have needed some fine tuning.

But now, that political difference has become "The Great Divide" for me and has become a HUGE deciding factor, that has permanently changed the fair mindedness that used to abide in me. Seeing now the harsh, evil separations and future goals between the two parties, it's become crystal clear now that party affiliations run much/much deeper than any personal moral standards that keep faith with what America was founded under. I'll never trust or support anybody ever again with a "D" behind their name.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

gkidsnfish

Post by gkidsnfish » September 20th, 2022, 4:16 pm

Spot on. The D’s have descended from just being morally corrupt & lacking any leadership qualities to being Evil.