Nothing has changed for me.

Political Issues, Views and News.
Simply don't read the political posts if you have buyers remorse.

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

capt.dan

Nothing has changed for me.

Unread post by capt.dan » February 3rd, 2018, 10:44 am

I wrote this 2 years ago and still stand BEHIND it today.

Whenever I don't thoroughly understand or see the human angle about or in something, I try to put myself mentally in that same place and frame of mind as that person, that thing, that particular deed or human condition to try and understand it, that in my present casual state OF MIND will not/can not fully understand. Some cultural and socially progressive things of course, I'll never understand. But in my 64 years of life, I've experienced just about every good and bad circumstance a man can have. Most all of the pitfalls and penalties from personal and even legal ramifications from younger more stupid mistakes I've made. I have indeed become mad and judgmental when I've observed the social damage that some political electives have inflicted and what their purposeful but misplaced narratives have caused IN THE COUNTRY THAT I LOVE. My opinions, my life long work ethic, my childhood lessons taught to me by my father, my social and cultural views, along with my character have been formed by all of them. I cannot think of many reasons at all why a Billionaire would drop everything, burn business relationship bridges, change his lavish lifestyle, physically charge around the country exhausting himself while submitting to continued verbal abuse and slander for over a year, to help what includes many of those same people slandering him. I sure as hell couldn't/wouldn't do it myself. So I have to conclude, it's beyond the need for anything other then his wanting to heart fully repay a system and the country that allowed such success. So, until I see or sense some other sinister, more harmful ulterior motive, I'm staying in Trumps camp.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

FHB

Unread post by FHB » February 3rd, 2018, 12:25 pm

Works for me, Dan. [smilie=icon_salut_us.gif]
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

Freakin Fishing

Unread post by Freakin Fishing » February 3rd, 2018, 12:27 pm

:lol: Stop drinking the KOOL AID!! Your next on his list when you vote these guys in for another term and you pay their tax breaks with your social security and Medicare. This guy is not for the working class by no means! Keep believing the only one that is a FAKE is him.

sagbay
Site Admin

Unread post by sagbay » February 3rd, 2018, 12:50 pm

:lol: Stop drinking the KOOL AID!!
Sprinkle some Good Common Sense and sound judgment on all practical matters you hear nowadays. eusa_think
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise

Chamookman

Unread post by Chamookman » February 4th, 2018, 3:14 am

That's a fact Larry !
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » February 4th, 2018, 8:53 am

Freakin Fishing wrote:
February 3rd, 2018, 12:27 pm
:lol: Stop drinking the KOOL AID!! Your next on his list when you vote these guys in for another term and you pay their tax breaks with your social security and Medicare. This guy is not for the working class by no means! Keep believing the only one that is a FAKE is him.
Not for the working man? Drinking the KOOL AID? Here's a list of some Trump Kool Aid Flavors and this list has grown since I saved it. Sorry Freakin that you have yet to take advantage of this posterity.

Firstly 2.5 million new jobs created so far.
11 Trillions investment dollars added to the stock market and ANYBODYS/EVERYBODYS 401 k
Lowest unemployment number for Blacks in 40 years.
Giant new 10 billion Volvo plant and investment coming to Tennessee.
New GM Truck engine plant 2,500 new workers coming to Michigan.
GM parts coming back from Mexico to Michigan adding 450 new employees to existing plants.
AT&T — $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 employees; $1 billion increase in capital expenditures.
AAON — $1,000 bonus checks to 2,000 employees
AccuWeather – year-end bonuses to all employees. (Approx. 450 – 500 employees)
Aflac – increase 401(k) match from 50% to 100% on the first 4% of compensation plus one-time $500 contribution to every employee’s 401(k); $250 million increase in overall U.S. investment.
American Airlines — $1,000 bonuses for every employee (excluding officers). The bonuses will total $130 million. AA had 127,600 employees as of Sept. 2017.
American Bank – $1,000 bonuses for 60 employees
American Savings Bank – $1,000 bonuses to 1,150 employees; base wage increase from $12.21 to $15.25
Americacollect – $300 – $500 bonuses for 250 employees
Aquesta Financial Holdings — $1,000 bonuses to 95 employees; base wage hike to $15 per hour
Associated Bank – $500 employee bonuses (exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time); base wage will rise from $10 to $15 per hour
Ball Ventures – details coming
Bank of America — $1,000 bonuses to 145,000 U.S. employees
Bank of Hawaii – $1,000 bonuses to 2,074 employees; base wage increase from $12 to $15
Bank of the Ozarks – Bonuses of up to $1,200 for 2,300 employees
BB&T – $1,200 bonuses for 27,000 employees; base wage will rise from $12 to $15 per hour; $100 million in charitable donations
Boeing — $100 million in charitable donations; $100 million for workforce development; $100 million for infrastructure and facilities
Canary LLC – due to tax reform, the company will hire more employees and increase capital spending.
Central Pacific Bank – all 850 employees will receive $1,000 bonuses; base wage will rise from $12 to $15.25
Citizens Financial Group — $1,000 bonuses for 12,500 employees and $10 million for charitable donations
Colling Pest Solutions – details coming
Comcast — $1,000 bonuses to 100,000 employees; at least $50 billion investment in infrastructure in next five years
Comerica Bank — $1,000 to 4,500 non-officer employees; base wage increase to $15 per hour
Commerce Bank – 3,450 employees will receive bonuses — $1,000 for full time employees and $250 for part time employees; $25 million in charitable donations
Community Trust Bancorp — $1,000 bonuses for full time employees and $500 bonuses for part-time employees
Copperleaf Assisted Living – $200 – $600 bonuses for 175 employees
Cornerstone Holdings – details coming
Dayton T. Brown Inc. (engineering/testing company) — $400 bonuses for each of the 210 employees
Delaware Supermarkets Inc. — $150 extra bonuses to 1,000 non-management personnel
DePatco, Inc. – details coming
Eagle Ridge Ranch – details coming
East Idaho News – details coming
Elite Roofing Systems – details coming
Elite Clinical Trials – details coming
Express Employment Professionals — $2,000 bonuses to more than 200 non-executive employees
Fifth Third Bancorp – $1,000 bonuses for 13,500 employees; base wage will rise to $15
First Hawaiian Bank – $1,500 bonuses to 2,264 employees; base wage increase to $15
First Horizon National Corp. – $1,000 bonuses to 4,000 employees
Frank L. VanderSloot Foundation – details coming
Fort Ranch – details coming
Gardner Company – details coming
Gate City Bank — $1,000 hand-delivered bonus checks to 538 non-management personnel; $500,000 higher charitable giving; $500,000 worth of free home appraisals.
Get Found First – details coming
INB Bank — $500 bonuses to 200 employees. The bonuses will exclude the Senior Management Team. The base wage will be raised to $15 per hour
Kansas City Southern — $1,000 bonuses. (Exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time; the company employs 6,485)
Kauai Cattle LLC – details coming
Melaleuca – all 2,000 employees will receive a $100 bonus for each year they have worked at the company
Move It Or Lose It Moving LLC – details coming
National Bank Holdings Corporation – $1,000 bonuses for employees making less than $50,000 (exact number receiving bonus unknown at this time)
Nationwide Insurance — $1,000 bonuses to 29,000 employees; increased 401(k) matching contributions for 33,000 employees
Natural Guardian – details coming
Navient – 98% of Navient’s 6,700 employees will receive a $1,000 bonus (approx. 6,566 bonus-eligible employees)
Nelnet — $1,000 bonuses for 4,100 employees
OceanFirst Financial Corp. – base wage increase to $15 per hour
Ohnward Bancshares — $1,000 bonuses for all 260 employee
Pinnacle Bank — $1,000 bonuses for 1,007 employees
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. — $1,000 bonuses to 47,500 employees; an additional $1,500 in employee pension accounts; base wage hike to $15; $200 million charitable contribution
Regions Financial Corporation – base wage increase to $15 per hour; $40 million in charitable donations; $100 million in capital expenditures
Resident Construction LLC – details coming
Riverbend Communications — details coming
Riverbend Management, Inc. – details coming
Riverbend Ranch – details coming
Riverbend Services – details coming
Rush Enterprises – $1,000 bonuses for all 6,600 employees
Sinclair Broadcast Group — $1,000 bonuses for 9,000 employees
Smith Chevrolet – details coming
Smith Honda – details coming
Smith RV – details coming
Southwest Airlines — $1,000 bonuses for all 55,000 employees; $5 million additional charitable donations
Steel Design LLC – details coming
Stifel Financial Corporation – $1,500 bonuses for 7,000 employees
TCF Financial Corporation — $1,000 bonuses for full time employees; $500 bonuses for part time employees
The Flood Insurance Agency — $1,000 bonuses for 17 full time employees
Territorial Savings Bank — $1,000 bonuses to 247 employees; base wage hike from $11.25 to $15.00 per hour
Tokio Marine HCC – details coming
Total System Services — $1,000 bonuses for 11,500 employees
Turning Point Brands, Inc. — $1,000 bonuses for 107 employees
Unity Bank – all 200 non-executive employees will receive a $750 bonus
U.S. Bancorp – $1,000 bonuses for 60,000 employees; base wage hike to $15 per hour; $150 million charitable contribution
Willow Creek Woodworks – details coming
Wells Fargo – raised base wage from $13.50 to $15.00 per hour; $400 million in charitable donations for 2018; $100 million increased capital investment over next three years.
AND CHECK OUT THESE TOP 4 LINKS AFTER DOING A GOGGLE SEARCH FOR MICHIGANS NEW JOBS UNDER TERUMP.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-mich ... _119m.html

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018011 ... -auto-show

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-mich ... _mich.html

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/busine ... /96652786/

KOOL AID MY a$$. :coke: i_russian
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

FHB

Unread post by FHB » February 4th, 2018, 11:49 am

Facts? Facts? He don't want no facts. He don't need no facts. He don't need to listen to no stinking facts!

With apologies to Alfonso Bedoya in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » February 4th, 2018, 3:58 pm

I missed the Facts line in your video Fred. :thinking: I'm assuming your eludeding to Rep. Peter King (R, N.Y.) when he seemed to be rehearsing a new version of the scene from Treasure of Sierra Madre when “Gold Hat” proclaims “Badges? We ain’t got no badges. We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinkin’ badges!”

FHB

Unread post by FHB » February 4th, 2018, 5:48 pm

I was just paraphrasing old Gold Hat, Dan. I was trying to say that your factoids don't mean a darned thing to Freakin Fishing (or any other liberal, for that matter). I wasn't aware of Pete King's statements.

Freakin Fishing

Unread post by Freakin Fishing » February 5th, 2018, 8:25 am

No changing the choir minds and until it is to late. We will see two years from now (GOP) stands for greed over people !
Sad day when the president of the United States can call people names and belittle Americans tell lies and it is ok ! Keep be leaving :lol: !!

pojoe

Unread post by pojoe » February 5th, 2018, 9:05 am

Because the Clinton’s and Obama were the very essence of purity and truth....

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » February 5th, 2018, 9:17 am

I'm assuming you did not read one thing I posted Freakin. I'm not surprised or even insulted, I myself usually turn away from or shut out what I don't want to see or believe, but I tried. And it May surprise a few to hear I'm AN INDEPENDENT VOTER. Voted for democrats 3 times in my life. But I don't/won't make chit up or throw out scary Tung & CHEEK term's to support or degrade any man when His evidence of success is in plane view. If Obama had done in 8 years what Trump has done in just 1, I'd be singing his praises and MIGHT HAVE VOTED FOR HILLARY. But he/they did not, and what we're witnessing right now with the FISA documents is proof positive the truth about Dem/liberal corruption and lawlessness that their reign of terror has brought over the years to a country I love. So, I'll continue to be like AN UMPIRE IN A BASEBALL GAME and call them as I see THEM. If Trump STARTS allowing to many runs, I'll pull him just like I would ANY PITCHER. ;-)

FHB

Unread post by FHB » February 5th, 2018, 10:09 am

Freakin Fishing wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 8:25 am
No changing the choir minds and until it is to late. We will see two years from now (GOP) stands for greed over people !
Since you brought up the subject of greed.........

Did you learn anything?

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » February 5th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Good stuff.
Attachments
27749804_901572019993944_5236527526109904945_n.jpg