Where did God come from?

Hmmm

Moderators: capt.dan, jaybe

capt.dan

Where did God come from?

Unread post by capt.dan » April 27th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

jaybe

Unread post by jaybe » April 30th, 2017, 9:46 pm

This guy gave the same answer I would give, except he did it off the cuff and I would have probably​ had to read a statement that had taken me days to put together.
But the question reveals one of the most basic misconceptions of many people: You cannot limit God to human ideas and terms. God is God because He is eternal and greater than anything our finite minds can conceive. He has told us much about Himself in the Bible and how we can have a personal relationship with Him through faith in Jesus Christ. That is where we all need to start and then learn more from there.
Been in a boat since I was 6 months old.

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » May 1st, 2017, 11:28 am

How does one ask, demand or expect to even partially understand in its divine complexities any questions answered by the one labeled "THE CREATOR". "I am, that I am". Simple, and good enough for me.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

jaybe

Unread post by jaybe » May 4th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Dan,
What you said is true. When God said, "I Am that I Am", He was expressing His eternal nature.
But when we read the Bible with an eye to seeing it, He gives us a whole lot more info about Himself.
He is absolutely holy, righteous and true, so He cannot be charged with evil.
He is all knowing, He knows the end from the beginning.
He is all-loving, gracious and forgiving.
He has provided the way for sinful men to receive forgiveness through His Son, Jesus Christ.
And the list goes on.
One mistake people often make is to simply choose the attribute of God that suits them best and forget the rest. But whenever we ignore any of God's nature or attributes, we are trying to make Him into something He is not.
This is why it is so important to read and study His Word, the Bible, so we will know that we are living as He desires.
Been in a boat since I was 6 months old.