Good Friday and Easter Then and Now - What's the Difference?

Hmmm

Moderators: capt.dan, jaybe

jaybe

Good Friday and Easter Then and Now - What's the Difference?

Unread post by jaybe » April 11th, 2017, 8:22 am

As a kid I remember looking forward to Easter each year because it meant another time when we got special treats: an Easter basket filled with sugary stuff, a big meal on Sunday that was a little beyond the norm, and sometimes, some new clothes. Well, two out of three ain’t bad!
Our family usually went to church on Easter Sunday – not so much the rest of the year. I heard the story of Jesus dying on a cross and rising from the dead three days later, but I have to say that it really didn’t do much for me personally. I understand it very differently today, and have ever since February 14, 1970 – the day I put my faith in that Savior who died and rose again. But the biggest difference is how my life has been changed since that day.
Here’s a short list (not complete) of things that are promised to be different for every person who trusts Jesus Christ as Savior:
1. Your sins, which are many, are forgiven – “He forgave us all our sins..” - Colossians 2:13
2. Your spirit, which was dead (to God) is made alive – “God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions..” – Ephesians 2:4-5
3. You have peace with God – “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” – Romans 5:1
4. You will be assured of eternal life – “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” – 1 John 5:11-12
These things are not just theoretical, but actual and experiential. They change a person’s life forever who enters into a personal relationship with God through faith in Christ.
I encourage everyone reading this to attend a church that has a Good Friday service this week. Many have them on Friday evening. Then attend Easter Sunday as well. Prayerfully ask God to speak to your heart and impress upon you the great life-changing truths of these two great events.
Been in a boat since I was 6 months old.