Free Listing (Local Area Business, Churches and other non-profit organizations only)
https://saginawbay.com/local/membership-join

Love Greater than a Valentine

Hmmm

Moderators: capt.dan, jaybe

jaybe

Love Greater than a Valentine

Unread post by jaybe » February 13th, 2017, 8:06 pm

I just finished reading a book in which was an American Indian who had been converted to Christ. He asked Jack (the main character) this series of questions: "Who gives you the sunlight? Who makes the moon and stars to light your feet at night? Who gave you your mother, your health, your food and drink - - your life? Do you thank Him when you lie down at night, and when you rise in the morning, and through the day?"
I would add to the thought of thanking God in a general way for what is sometimes called, "common grace" - that which all mankind benefits from whether they acknowledge God or not. I would add the thought of "amazing grace" - in which God demonstrated His love to us through the sacrificial death of His Son, Jesus Christ. It is that which is contained in the very familiar verse, "For God SO LOVED the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
So I ask the question of each one reading this on Valentines Day eve (or after), "Have you responded to this greatest display of love by accepting - by trusting in the One who died for your sins?"
Hope you all have a great day with those you love this week.
Been in a boat since I was 6 months old.

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » February 14th, 2017, 9:06 am

I've always been amazed at the multitude of Hall Mark generated celebration days of love and admirations. Seems every year they add another SPECIAL DAY that needs a new card or a dozen flowers to buy and prove your love. And in this material world your considered the bad or uncaring dufus when you forget WHAT DAY IT IS. I'm not sure if its to many of those man-made days that have diminished in some fashion those others special days, that have truly changed the world. Or the ones where you simply look up at the sky on a beautiful clear day or on a star filled night, ponder your own existence, and thank God for the gifts and the magnificence of all of His creations.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.