Just so you'll know . . . . .

Hmmm

Moderators: capt.dan, jaybe

jaybe

Just so you'll know . . . . .

Unread post by jaybe » November 1st, 2016, 1:26 pm

I retired the last Sunday of September after 37 years in pastoral ministry. That was preceded by 14 years at Michigan Bell and 3 years in the Army (ours) :lol:
My wife and I sold our house and are now full-time RV-ers, living in our 36' Cardinal 5th wheel.
I have a cheep cell phone that gives me spotty service, so my connection to the internet is also very spotty when I am on the road. It's usually better at an RV park, or like now, when I'm sitting at a Micky D's with the laptop.
But, there may be times when I'm unable to respond to posts and questions until we get settled into the parks we plan on being at during the cold months (Alabama and Florida).
Come spring, we plan to be back in Michigan, probably spending much of our time at the Outdoor Adventure Campground in Standish. If you aren't familiar with it, it's located just 3 miles west of Eagle Bay Marina on Saginaw Bay. So we'll still be Saginaw Bay people - and hopefully, spending much more time on the water than in the past!
So meanwhile, "Keep those cards and letters coming", and I'll try to keep in touch on this end.
(Parked on the "wall" overlooking the Badlands of S. Dakota to the east)
Been in a boat since I was 6 months old.

FHB

Unread post by FHB » November 1st, 2016, 2:56 pm

Congratulations, Jerry. Hope you and Cynthia have a great time full-timing it. Hope to see you at OA, next summer.
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » November 1st, 2016, 6:24 pm

Holy Cow Jerry, you did make some major changes to your life. Hope you mailed in your vote for President Jerry. I read the government is going to try and stop the 5th wheel Gypsy life style of its citizens in any form, for reasons only known to them. Drive safe on your travels bud. Don't pick up any hitch hikers wearing burkas. :wink:
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

The Doob

Unread post by The Doob » November 2nd, 2016, 4:12 am

Congratulations on your retirement!!!

Guess we won't be seeing you on the ice this year but feel free to post pictures of your southern catch

Chamookman

Unread post by Chamookman » November 2nd, 2016, 5:14 am

Congrats Jerry ! I'm sure You and the Wife will enjoy Yourself and see many new adventures. May God Speed - Bob.
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !