The Bible Fused to Steel and it's Message.

Hmmm

Moderators: capt.dan, jaybe

capt.dan

The Bible Fused to Steel and it's Message.

Unread post by capt.dan » October 16th, 2015, 10:49 am

Take a gander at this story Jaybe.

http://tothedeathmedia.com/this-bible-f ... ds-to-see/

Here's my take on it.

I seldom if ever dispute or disagree with what the bible says. Turning the other cheek I'm sure at times gave/gives soulful credence to one's un-shakable character and faith in it. But turning the other cheek, given the factual face, context and circumstances in which this Fused Bible was formed and found, was/is exactly the wrong thing to do IMO. If Obamas global cowardice, his own destructive, Muslim background and leanings, along with his ignoring world problems with this (almost) other cheek attitude isn't proof enough of those failed results, I don't know what is. I believe that the (Other Cheek Parable) as described by Jesus himself and it's intended results when applied back then, was intended to have a soulfully, solemn, life changing effect on both the slapped and the slapper. But the slapper in the 9-11 case and in Obamas many and disguised intended uses of it, spells nothing in todays world but the continued suffering, death and destruction for the slapped IMHO.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

jaybe

Unread post by jaybe » October 28th, 2015, 2:36 pm

Hey – I just found this. Sorry I overlooked it for so long. Here’s my answer:
First and foremost, it’s important to remember that everything in the Bible was written in a context; there was some background to it, there was a present situation, and there was a reason for it being written or spoken at the time.
In this situation, Jesus was referring to the background of the teachings of the Jewish scribes who had interpreted the Old Testament law for centuries and had, in many cases, come up with some false ideas on what it was supposed to mean. Those ideas were often expanded and further modified by the Pharisees, who were very religious, but also motivated by political and social concerns, often taking great liberties with the intent of God's Word.
When Jesus said, “You have heard it was said…”, He was usually referring to the misguided scribal and Pharisaical teachings, not necessarily what God had originally said or intended.
God did make this “eye for an eye” statement in Exodus 21, but it is in the context of a civil ruling by an judge or magistrate who passes a verdict and establishes a penalty for the harm done by someone to another person – or even to one of his servants or his livestock. When Jesus was on the Earth, the common understanding was what the scribes and Pharisees had taught; somebody pokes you in the eye – poke ‘em back! A guy knocks a tooth of yours out – knock one of his out – or more, if you can! That kind of personal retaliation is what Jesus was teaching against. He was teaching that when evil comes to you, you are not to repay in kind. In established societies there are laws that are intended to protect people from injury or other harm, and the one guilty of evil is supposed to be required to pay heavily for harm he/she has caused.
Does this always work? No. Because of man’s inherent sinfulness he finds ways to get around the law. But Jesus’ teaching was intended to show people that returning evil for evil (personal vengeance) would only lead to anarchy and more evil. This teaching does not mean that if someone invades our house or threatens us or our families that we are to take a pacifist stance, sitting idly by and doing nothing. Everyone is allowed to defend themselves from evildoers - but this is very different from vengeful acts.
As to the symbolism of that particular page being fused to the piece of steel from the World Trade Center, I don’t think it necessarily has anything to do with the fact that an evil act was done on 9-11. I do, however, see that it symbolizes the fact that when we are connected to the Lord Jesus Christ by faith, nothing can ultimately destroy us. “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” - Romans 8:38-39
Been in a boat since I was 6 months old.

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » October 28th, 2015, 3:42 pm

Good poop as always Jaybe. :thumright:
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

The Doob

Unread post by The Doob » October 30th, 2015, 7:46 pm

icon_bravo