Great finish to my season.

Posts about hunting in Michigan

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

Gherner84

Great finish to my season.

Post by Gherner84 » November 17th, 2019, 1:32 pm

I scouted some state land on the 14th several hundred yards from where I got my 7pt earlier this year. Didn’t find any sign of hunters going in a mile from the road where I ended up. Set up opening morning where the two track comes to a “T” with pretty good bedding areas on all sides. I had a 80-100yd view in 2 directions and 50yds in the other. Sat all day and didn’t see a deer til 330. Had a doe come thru at 40yds and spooked before I could get a shot. 45min later I had a doe come out at about 60 yds. I put a shot right in her neck and dropped her. Had 5 other does come thru between then and just before dark. With 5 min of shooting time left I saw a buck coming thru at about 80yds. I saw it wasn’t a spike and decided to take it since I still had the regular buck tag in my pocket. Put it right on his shoulder and he died about 30yds from the doe I had laying there. Turned out to be a decent 4pt. I love my 25-06. Nothing against any other caliber but it’s been good to me. Great way to end the season on state land.
C3E7595F-CF98-4AAD-B868-B79C6FBC9A1F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » November 18th, 2019, 9:49 am

Man you got the meat department TAKEN Care of for the winter. thumbs_up
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

sagbay
Site Admin

Post by sagbay » November 18th, 2019, 11:02 am

Nice thumbs_up
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise (FJB)