Politics don't affect Me.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

capt.dan

Politics don't affect Me.

Post by capt.dan » October 17th, 2023, 11:15 am

Coming to your county or township next:
Legislation Introduced to Override Township's Existing Ordinance for Renewable Energy & Gravel Mining
Contact lawmakers to RETAIN local township control!
Legislation has been introduced to eliminate ALL local authority over the location and permitting of utility-scale wind and solar facilities and sand and gravel mining in communities. These bills would take away the local township or municipality's control for determining the location of solar farms, wind turbine farms and aggregate (gravel) mining within the township.

We must retain local township control and NOT give it to the State of Michigan (Michigan Public Service Commission).
The Michigan Township Association (MTA) testified in opposition to this legislation. More information here.
What can you do?
Please write to your lawmakers and ask them to oppose this legislation and ask them to please keep the decisions on the location of large-scale wind and solar renewable energy facilities and gravel mining operation at the local level. Our community and residents should have a voice because not all land and not all communities are the same.

Who can I write to?
Govenor Gretchen Witmer
Phone: 517-335-7858 (constituent Services)
https://somgovweb.state.mi.us/GovRelati ... ernor.aspx

Senator Kristen McDonald Rivet
Phone: 517-373-1725
Email: senkmcdonaldrivet@senate.michigan.gov

Senator Michele Hoitenga
Phone: 517-373-7946
Email: senmhoitenga@senate.michigan.gov

Representative Timmy Beson
Phone: 517-373-0158
Email: TimothyBeson@house.mi.gov

Representative Bill G. Schuette
Phone: 517-373-0152
Email: BillSchuette@house.mi.gov

Representative Mike Hoadley
Phone: 517-373-1789
Email: MikeHoadley@house.mi.gov

Representative Matthew Bierlein
Phone: 517-373-8962
Email: MatthewBierlein@house.mi.gov

Please Act Today!
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » October 17th, 2023, 11:49 am

Submitted to all accounts.

I am vehemently against any new law that takes away any township, county or Michigan's residencies rights to determine their own local ordinances. Especially those that changes the landscape and almost certainly and eventually the zoning. What's next in stripping the citizens of this country of their federal and local rights.

I've reposted the links as I was told they are my E-mail specific.

Govenor Gretchen Witmer
Phone: 517-335-7858 (constituent Services)
https://somgovweb.state.mi.us/GovRelati ... ernor.aspx

Senator Kristen McDonald Rivet
Phone: 517-373-1725
Email: senkmcdonaldrivet@senate.michigan.gov

Senator Michele Hoitenga
Phone: 517-373-7946
Email: senmhoitenga@senate.michigan.gov

Representative Timmy Beson
Phone: 517-373-0158
Email: TimothyBeson@house.mi.gov

Representative Bill G. Schuette
Phone: 517-373-0152
Email: BillSchuette@house.mi.gov

Representative Mike Hoadley
Phone: 517-373-1789
Email: MikeHoadley@house.mi.gov

Representative Matthew Bierlein
Phone: 517-373-8962
Email: MatthewBierlein@house.mi.gov
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » October 19th, 2023, 8:14 am

Representative Bierlein strongly opposes this legislation and is committed to ensuring strong local control. Local control is a cornerstone of our democracy and we will defend local governments ability to make decisions that are the best for their community.

We are grateful that you took the time to share your opinion with us. Hearing from you helps us to understand your perspective as we represent you.

Again, thank you for reaching out. If I can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (517) 373-8962 or MatthewBierlein@house.mi.gov.

Thank you for reaching out to Representative Schuette’s office regarding proposed zoning legislation in Michigan. I have communicated your thoughts to Representative Schuette for his consideration. Please know that the Representative will take your input into account while voting on this legislation. Your input is invaluable to properly serving the 95th District. Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please do not hesitate to reach out again with your input or for help with a state agency.

Best regards,
Luke Derheim
Legislative Aide/Policy Services
Rep. Bill G. Schuette
95th District 517-373-0152

Thank you for making the effort to reach out to Representative Hoadley regarding local control issues in Michigan. We appreciate the opportunity to hear from you.

As you may be aware, an aggregate mining, solar/wind bill package was introduced in the House of Representatives. The legislation seems to amend the Michigan Zoning Act to specify the term “natural resources” does not apply to sand and gravel. If passed, we believe the ability of local governments to approve sand/gravel mines and wind/solar projects will be removed.

Local governments should have a say in what type of operations exists within their boundaries and what is best for their community. Please know these bills were referred to the House Committee on Regulatory Reform but have not yet been scheduled for a public hearing. Although Representative Hoadley does not serve on this committee, after his first reading of the bills he is certainly not in favor of the proposed changes to state law. Should this bill reach the Floor of the House for a final vote, he will certainly keep your views in mind.

Sincerely,
Ryan Zoschnick
Legislative Aide
Representative Mike Hoadley – 99th District
(O) 517.373.1789