Sandford Dam News.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

capt.dan

Sandford Dam News.

Post by capt.dan » November 12th, 2022, 10:40 am

Sent as message to videographer.

I only recently found these videos on the restoration of Sandford Dam. And oddly enough, up until now, I hadn't heard or didn't know anything was being done to restore this dam sight and the three lake environments above it. The Tittabawassee River has played an important part in my fishing life since 1986 when I caught my first limit catch of walleyes from its then always controversial (Dow Midland) waters. But It soon encouraged me to become a river guide in 1988 on it and many other Michigan rivers, along with chartering on the Saginaw Bay. I've since retired from both part-time fishing life styles in 2012, but still took/take personal advantage of the great fishing both provide. I was crushed when the Dams failed and worried about the future walleye nursery and fishery on the tittabawassee. These videos are excellent and clearly detailed in both their visuals, their explanations and their planned remedies for the future. Please keep us posted on future progress reports. Capt. Dan Manyen, Walleye Express Charters/retired.

Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.