Windfall buying opportunity.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

capt.dan

Windfall buying opportunity.

Post by capt.dan » June 26th, 2022, 3:03 pm

Just announced..... Joe Biden is seeking to temporarily remove the Federal Gas tax from existing pump prices.

Isn't that GREAT?

18 whole cents coming off every gallon of gas you pump. That's $3.87 off that usual $109.20 it now takes to fill my GMC truck and $3.42 off the $98.80 it now takes to fill my 19-foot fishing boat.

Imagine $7.29 back in My pocket with only a $208.00 one day investment. I'm now thinking of maybe putting that savings down on an extra $10.00 Husky Jerk Crankbait that used to cost $7.29 at Franks Great Outdoors before Joe.

But being retired, with no work obligations where I need to travel daily, along with living on a fixed income, does have its perks.

I can simply set home, leave both my Truck and Boat filled to their tops with gas, both vegetating in the garage and pole barn, while I simply find ways to pay the rising costs of natural gas, electric, vehicle/boat insurances, higher new escrow mortgage amounts, higher bi-weekly grocery costs and eke out a living waiting at home to die. i_thumbs_up
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.