Getting along.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

capt.dan

Getting along.

Unread post by capt.dan » January 18th, 2019, 5:48 pm

I answered a question about getting along on fishing
internet sights on another board. I think I hit the nail on the head.

I've Moderated another fishing board now for over 17 years. The varied Human personalities, characters, petty jealousy's and yes, (Personal or area specific Politics) will always materialize IN ANY INTERNET accessed blog. And will always show its good and bad sides to some degree, even and sometimes especially in the most unlikely of competitive sports. And rather we want to admit it or not, fishing remains a hobby to those who can only enjoy it occasionally, but a competitive sport filled with lots of chest pounding bravado to those many others doing it professionally or personally 1 to 3 times a WEEK. When that happens (rather intentional OR NOT) The "Rub" of the posted pictures AND/OR results, along with A GOOD REFEREE will always be needed. Its all Human NATURE and its not going away any time soon.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

msmith5531

Unread post by msmith5531 » January 19th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Where is the "like" button....

sagbay
Site Admin

Unread post by sagbay » January 19th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Sorry, No like button in this program:(

Dan's message: thumbs_up
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise

Turfwrench

Unread post by Turfwrench » January 24th, 2019, 4:14 pm

I understand your point of view Dan. No matter what forum I have been on there has been any instances of what you have described that also results in several members ganging up on a poster. Really sucks cause the forums can provide good information as long as the participants are willing to share information. Ideally it would be great to eliminate all the "bad apples" but seems they return at some point under different names, etc.

I have been running a closed group for fishing Lower Lk Huron area on FB for a few years now with over 1000 members and actually have only had to delete a couple members out. So I ask myself why do the people that join my group behave themselves - - - - I think that has to do with the members using their real names and profiles and not under a forum type annonymous name where the vast majority have no idea who they really are. Is it that many of the members either know each other from fishing or personally or that they don't really want to display that they are internet bullies while using their real names??? Hard to say but it is a much less hostile environment.