Blood Trails.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

capt.dan

Blood Trails.

Unread post by capt.dan » December 31st, 2018, 12:18 pm

Below are 2 pictures. One I pulled off another post a few minutes ago. The other, one of mine a few years back with clients, after one of my ice trips. Two nice catches, perfect examples and a poignant subject starter, that I hope doesn't get taken the wrong way or leads into a stupid argument. But between the 2 pictures, can anyone pick out the 1 guys limit catch, that used a Gaff to land all his/her fish in the picture? Firstly, I don't care if anybody uses a gaff, that's every individuals free choice to do so. But I personally never did or allowed it on my charters and here's why. Even when the bite is on, finding a productive spot on the Bay isn't always easy. And there have been cases where I not only fished the same area for 2 or 3 days in a row, but productively in the same exact holes. And when searching for newer productive locations, there was nothing like visibly seeing from 100 yards away, a GIANT NEON BLOOD STAIN on the ice or white snow, telling me STOP HERE. Think about it next time your killer spot the next day looks like shanty town on Houghton Lake.
Attachments
161.jpg
161.jpg (82.48 KiB) Viewed 443 times
49132554_976589859198790_4395513635745562624_n.jpg
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.