The (Minesa bigger then yours) argument.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

capt.dan

The (Minesa bigger then yours) argument.

Unread post by capt.dan » April 10th, 2018, 10:49 am

Just made a post on FB concerning that old argument about ANYTHING FISHING.

Boats, Motors, Rods, Reels, Line, Lures and virtually every type of long lasting or terminal Tackle known to man, has been used by me at some point in my 61 years of fishing, starting at the age of 5. Anything new, gets one chance in my boat. 2 chances if I feel the first chance may have been skewed by other variables. If it's seldom used, don't produce fish, fails in My expectations of it, or interferes with my OCD way of doing things on my boat, its up for sale in my next garage sale. Just ask the many happy friends who have been to one. I fell for the hype and the luxury of (No more fouled hooks after landing) and bought an expensive telescoping, rubber net recently. Used it once and sold it the next day for half what I paid for it. It was to heavy and did not fit my style/technique for netting all fish species I fish for. I've always been a net fish head first coming forward (quick dip/swoosh/lift) net man, always have been and I'm good at it. This net simply didn't allow for that, in fact I Catapulted that first 3 pounder 7 feet into the air, so it had to go. I also went through my (keep it cheap) stage early on, when I first started guiding in 1986 for steelhead and salmon, thinking clients would naturally treat any good gear badly through inexperience. But quickly realized you get what you pay for, even in the terminal tackle world. But as Kurt said, this (and most times) the users loyalty, devotion and often the irrationally bond He forms with the items he becomes successful using, remains argumentally defendable and completely rational to him.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.