Possible entry level machinist job opening in midland

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

Gherner84

Possible entry level machinist job opening in midland

Unread post by Gherner84 » July 27th, 2017, 10:09 pm

I work at a shop in midland. We make pipe and hose and work on valves and actuators. I was in the pipe dept. but moved on to machinist a few months ago. I do like it a lot but I was given a shot at sales so the machining position will be open very soon if we don't fill it internally. I don't think we will. The position requires no extensive background in machining. Basically I make steel brackets and couplers to join valve to actuators. I use a Bridgeport mill, a lathe, and a bandsaw. Above average math skills, problem solving, improvising, and a little creativity are all that is needed. Company is solid and improving lately, benefits: paid vacation, holidays, decent not great health coverage, a little overtime, no layoffs, non union, 7-330 hours. Pay would likely be 17-19$hr range depending on experience. PM me if interested. I'll delete this or update as things move along.