Dan....Dan...The Harness man.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

capt.dan

Dan....Dan...The Harness man.

Unread post by capt.dan » August 9th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Thinking of heading up to AuGres for some deep water walleyes before next week. After reading a few of the reports about HOT HARNESS COLORS and successful depths and techniques, I decided it was time to custom make a few with mono versus the wire ones I have used in the past. Dug out the arsenal and got to work on the kitchen table before tonight's scheduled Elk Goulash. Also tied up a secret old-time Favorite of mine using a Wiggle disc.
Attachments
IMG_1230.JPG
IMG_1230.JPG (152.33 KiB) Viewed 314 times
IMG_1235.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG (153.82 KiB) Viewed 318 times
IMG_1233.JPG
IMG_1233.JPG (140.75 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

Jetskime_y2k

Unread post by Jetskime_y2k » August 9th, 2017, 10:18 pm

The thing I like about Augres is it's a short distance to 30 plus fow.. Good luck on your journey.. Tight lines
Big Red

Chamookman

Unread post by Chamookman » August 10th, 2017, 3:56 am

Good luck Danno !
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !

st.croixsuckerboy

Unread post by st.croixsuckerboy » August 10th, 2017, 9:44 am

Those look good! Just noticed it when I looked at your pictures. Is there a specific reason you use a crimp on your back hook on your harness vs snell?

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » August 10th, 2017, 4:36 pm

st.croixsuckerboy wrote:
August 10th, 2017, 9:44 am
Those look good! Just noticed it when I looked at your pictures. Is there a specific reason you use a crimp on your back hook on your harness vs snell?
I feel pulling the tip of the beak hook hard into the sleeve before crimping, adds a little rigidity, a$$-end weight and drag, that keeps the crawler straight and from twisting if they're initially to frisky. Plus it doesn't initially start off twist the line, making it easier to Snell and keep straight the next 2 hooks in line above it. :wink:
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.