Attention XI5 Motorguide Owners.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

capt.dan

Attention XI5 Motorguide Owners.

Unread post by capt.dan » November 29th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Fished the river Monday. The fishing was crazy for over an hour. The jig would barely touch bottom and you had one. But My ANCHOR MODE on the Motorguide XI5 didn't work at all. I mean it went from working perfect 1 week ago to nothing on Monday. Loving this feature I called Motorguide for help. The lady took my Mod and Serial numbers and noticed I had not registered the unit. Told me that was not a real problem and I could do it right then on-line at their site while she waited on the phone. So I did. But when filling in the date I bought the motor I slipped and put May 4th 2017 instead of 2014. She informed me of my mistake but then said I had to now send in the bill of sale because OF THE ERROR. Your kidding me right, I asked? Nope she wasn't. So after a bunch of bullshit the fix for what's wrong may be in the offing. Seems the GPS node when/if power is left plugged in, wears out AND needs a re-boot/update is ALL and I found a U-tube video that covers what Motorguide needs to send me to fix the problem. I'm still a little upset the lady was not clear in what my problem was and only eluded slightly to this fix.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » December 7th, 2017, 11:03 am

Item Fix received, applied and problem remedied. Also reprogramed and up dated my other XI5 on my river boat to new specifications. Not a bad and quick Customer Relations outcome, considering the way it started. :thumleft:
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.