Tawas.........

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: Chamookman, capt.dan

Chamookman

Tawas.........

Unread post by Chamookman » November 14th, 2017, 4:38 am

Anyone heard any rumblings of White Fish action at the Tawas Pier ? I figured during that last wind/rain/snow event they might have been snappin' . Thanks - Bob.
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !

Ruler2112

Unread post by Ruler2112 » November 16th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Wish I had better news, but there were very, very few fish around as of Sunday evening. I had three on, landing two, and my father never had a bite. I think the commercial fisherman working the area has screwed us out of another season of whitefish. :(

There was a group in Tawas who worked for years to get the commercial whitefish fisherman moved to a different area of the lake, finally succeeding. A few years later, the DNR converted somebody's perch license in the saginaw bay to an experimental whitefish license. (That guy later bought someone else's perch license, so he can now fish both.) From what I hear, he goes all out. Ever since the experimental whitefish license was given, fishing has been abysmal. (All of this was gleaned from the DNR, a member of the group who tried to get the older CF to move, and other commercial fishermen.)

If they don't show up this year, I'm probably just going to forget about it altogether for the foreseeable future - it truly is not worth going for how few fish there have been around since.

Chamookman

Unread post by Chamookman » November 17th, 2017, 3:40 am

Thanks for the reply. Man - stuff like that really PIZZes Me off :evil: :!:
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !