Free Listing (Local Area Business, Churches and other non-profit organizations only)
https://saginawbay.com/local/membership-join

Politics Forum?

Political Issues, Views and News.
Simply don't read the political posts if you have buyers remorse.

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

I see it primarily as entertainment? Yes or No? Read Post Below

Poll ended at January 28th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Yes
41%
No
6%
Belongs in Political Corner
26%
OK to post in I'll say it
26%

Total votes: 34

capt.dan

Re: Politics Forum?

Unread post by capt.dan » January 14th, 2017, 9:35 pm

My feelings about politics are even more plain and resolute then my feelings about God and religion. Everything we do in American life, our jobs, even our children's values and characters. Are all formed by political and cultural surroundings, all influenced as well by their types of politically neutral or slanted educators. Every single freedom we enjoy daily in America and to often mindlessly without thinking. Politics encompasses the assigned protection duties of the American people by its armed forces here and abroad. The social laws and rules we all live under and our basic pursuit of happiness, and yes even our hobbies. All are influenced by, and have to do with, the political processes and whatever changes to those policies get set, by whoever we the people select every 4 years to take care of such things. Loose track of, ignore, make believe those elected administrators of politics don't mater or become oblivious and/or uncaring about politics, or just who those people really ARE and/or represent when running for election. Or just what their true goals and aspirations are for this country. And your doomed to wake up one morning, pull your head out of the sand and greet a country either destroyed socially/culturally from within, (I/e the last 8 years) or one you will no longer like, accept, respect or recognize.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

FHB

Unread post by FHB » January 15th, 2017, 2:35 am

Those two posts are funny, no matter which forum they're in. Must have been someone whose candidate didn't win.
Fred - Go Blue! :go blue:

Chamookman

Unread post by Chamookman » January 15th, 2017, 3:01 am

Both put a grin on My Face !
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !

Ruler2112

Unread post by Ruler2112 » January 16th, 2017, 2:06 am

FHB wrote:Those two posts are funny, no matter which forum they're in. Must have been someone whose candidate didn't win.

I am the one who didn't really complain, but asked why political stuff is in the off-topic forum when we have a politics forum. I don't like politics and reading about it only serves to get me upset, even jokes. I enjoy reading non-fishing stuff here as well, but don't want to read really anything about politics. Even if we have a separate thread symbol (some forums use a capitol dome to indicate threads with political content), it'd be an indication that I don't want to click on them.

That's all I ask - a way to avoid political content on here. :)

capt.dan

Unread post by capt.dan » January 16th, 2017, 9:15 am

Ruler2112 wrote:
FHB wrote:Those two posts are funny, no matter which forum they're in. Must have been someone whose candidate didn't win.

I am the one who didn't really complain, but asked why political stuff is in the off-topic forum when we have a politics forum. I don't like politics and reading about it only serves to get me upset, even jokes. I enjoy reading non-fishing stuff here as well, but don't want to read really anything about politics. Even if we have a separate thread symbol (some forums use a capitol dome to indicate threads with political content), it'd be an indication that I don't want to click on them.

That's all I ask - a way to avoid political content on here. :)

Ruler. Nobody here has ever/will ever coheres or intimidate anyone to stay, leave, post, not post or participate. Nor will we make monitoring this board (Freely without dues, slams or advertisements as we've done for 13+ years) any more complicated then it has to be. We will continue to monitor to our (mine/Larry's) set standards, try and keep it a friendly place for fishing info sharing concerning Saginaw Bay and Michigan in General. And a forum that considers all things that influence our area, our fisheries and us as users and citizens of this country. That said, what I'm saying here are only my own thoughts on this matter and not meant to ignore or belittle anyone's views concerning it. And the pole will determine our course of action.

I probably cannot count the deeds, emotions or mistakes I've made in my life that I wish would mentally go away. Disturbing thoughts that I could simply isolate and stop thinking about, while letting only those fun but dwindling things remaining in my life and this world, remain my own personal, physical and mental SAFE PLACE. A place where everybody only had to think about themselves, their own personal pleasures and their next hunting & fishing trip. I had or should I say made such a world for myself like that for close to 30 years, at the cost of my first 2 marriages. Honestly speaking, I know I'm still introverted, untrusting of strangers, often sarcastic, slow to make friends and offish sometimes character wise to a large degree. And I really cant say when I passionately started paying attention, giving a chit about politics, and realized how it hugely influences the rest of this/my world. What America becomes, stands for, and just when I took back My civic responsibilities that I selfishly ignored for all those years eludes me. But, being history was my best subject in school, I'm starkly aware how and why America became who she is. And I care deeply about just what kind of America I'll be leaving behind to my only Son Brian, and he, to his only son Jakob. And I know expecting everybody else to care enough to keep this very rare and one of a kind ship we call America safe, stable and on course. Will involve as many knowledgeable and patriotic crew members in the form of new recruits that I might influence, wake up or muster myself. Members that this ship will always need to stay afloat.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.