Doing the right thing.

Hmmm

Moderators: capt.dan, jaybe

capt.dan

Doing the right thing.

Post by capt.dan » July 6th, 2023, 1:02 pm

Been a very long time since anyone has shaken the cobwebs off this Title board. Not even sure the Pastor who moderated it is still alive. But I have something to say.

I had a stimulating talk with the wife today, while on the many subjects having to do with what's going on in this country and this world. One of those many subjects led us to explore just what moral and personal Christian or non-Christian beliefs play in forming the opinions one has about these stressful worldly conditions. Then it occurred to me, that given the written rules and parameters of my original birth and long fallowed religion Catholicism, or by simply fallowing many of the Christians Bibles mandates to not hate, nor judge, or wish harm to anyone. But to love everyone as oneself, is something that's become almost impossible for me to do in the last few years. So that conclusion then begs a question, am I/we then damned and personally hell bound after death because I/we seek judgment for the wicked, expose the truth to those both seeking it or those ignoring it, all while trying to do the morally right thing? I think that would give both the Heavenly and Hell gatekeepers a moral dilemma themselves to solve.
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.