Well.. That didn't last long.

General Discussion: This is a great place to go to post your questions, comments, suggestions (and even complaints!). Please keep the postings at a professional level.
Thank You!

Moderators: capt.dan, Chamookman

capt.dan

Well.. That didn't last long.

Post by capt.dan » November 29th, 2023, 12:53 pm

Just bought a New/old boat yesterday. Its a smaller/very clean/well taken care of 14.5-foot Sea Nymph and will be easier to handle, transport, launch, store and take care of then the
Resized_20231201_123836(1).jpeg
bigger one for me at this stage of my life. It will be a specifically designated 2-man river/bay craft when I'm done customizing it. I also have plans to make it (old Fart) safe, modern and accessible from front to back. I'll take a few pictures when it gets warmer and keep everyone updated on this front-to-back transformation process. But for now, we're really enjoying having the extra monthly fixed income money we saved by selling the other boat.
Attachments
Resized_20231201_123855.jpeg
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

Chamookman

Post by Chamookman » December 10th, 2023, 10:32 am

'Bout the same as BayDogs Boat ! He's running 15hp Johnson, with a transom mount trolling Motor. very fishable.
Bass - A fish for People that can't catch Walleyes !

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » January 18th, 2024, 4:07 pm

WELL... SHES COMING ALONG.
Attachments
thumbnail (41).jpg
thumbnail (40).jpg
Not everyone will agree with, understand you, like you, appreciate your character, personality or politics. Not even a few benefiting from your knowledge and/or generosity. But stay true to your beliefs and convictions.

sagbay
Site Admin

Post by sagbay » January 18th, 2024, 7:09 pm

Looking Nice Captain thumbs_up
All People are Worthy of Respect Until They Prove Otherwise (FJB)

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » January 23rd, 2024, 3:20 pm

Nothing riveted in yet. But the general idea of the layout I want. The 25 short shaft Yamaha and the Minnkota self deploying Terrova have been ordered and should arrive late winter/early spring. Hopefully before the perch hit the river. Remember I'm putting this together as a 2-person rig. Get to the spots then both people set in the center of the boat to fish. thumbs_up
Attachments
thumbnail (43).jpg
thumbnail (44).jpg
thumbnail (45).jpg
thumbnail (46).jpg
thumbnail (47).jpg

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » March 13th, 2024, 5:40 pm

Got a little update on my Old Folks 14foot Sea Nymph Fishing Machine that I'm restoring/customizing. Decided to order and install some flotation pods for the back to make the boat more stable and be able to support more weight. Got the smaller pods that will both stabilize and support 118 more pounds. And I'm done with about 75% of the painting inside and out. Had a decent day today weather wise but need a few more to hang the boat and install the Keel Guard. Both motors 25 Yamaha/Minnkota Turova should arrive around Mid-April.
Attachments
FP.jpg
FP3.jpg
FP4.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Gherner84

Post by Gherner84 » March 13th, 2024, 8:43 pm

That’s looking pretty awesome.

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » April 9th, 2024, 10:45 am

Well, got a little more accomplished on the New/old boat project yesterday with the warmer temps. Got most of the inside of the boat painting done with just one more coat needed in a few spots, so I had to order a final can of paint for that. Decided to hang the boat off the trailer for both the Keel Guard installation and the Flex Seal bottom paint application that it's going to receive. Then found out that the old trailer is in need of new rollers and bunk supports. So ordered all those new parts as well. Hopefully will have the old girl ready when Lindys calls for the installations of the 2 new motors and the 2 new Garmins I already bought to have installed. The total bill is looking like around 12K for it all at the end. But I should have a classic boat that looks like brand new, that's paid for and that I can haul, launch and fish virtually anywhere. I'll post more pictures as it progresses.
Attachments
thumbnail (23).jpg
thumbnail (23).jpg (43.42 KiB) Viewed 369 times
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (24).jpg

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » April 16th, 2024, 12:14 pm

Installed the Keel Shield yesterday and will Flex Shield the bottom today. Look for new photos later on today. The keel shield will protect the keel from damage as getting in this boat will mostly be done from shore/ramp and not by stepping off the dock.
Attachments
thumbnail (29).jpg

capt.dan

Post by capt.dan » April 16th, 2024, 3:55 pm

This wasn't easy. It was like rolling on thick/cold Peanut Butter.
Attachments
thumbnail (44).jpg
thumbnail (40).jpg
thumbnail (40).jpg (19.71 KiB) Viewed 237 times